Seneca Creek Associates, LLC
Consultants in Natural Resources, Economics, and International Trade
Examples of projects undertaken by Seneca Creek Associates:
- assisting a major U.S. manufacturing industry with obtaining U.S. government attention to unfair trade practices by foreign countries
- examining the nonresidential construction market in South Carolina.
- pioneered a risk assessment approach for evaluating legality and sustainability of U.S. hardwood products in international trade.
- authored a widely-cited economic study on competitive aspects of “illegal” logging that led to the 2008 Lacey Act amendments addressing trade in illegally harvested and traded forest products.
- provided pre-certification consulting services for firms pursuing sustainable forest certification audits.
in forestry, forest products, trade, and environmental policy.
Established in 1999 to promote international trade and sensible U.S. policies for solving difficult environmental and natural resources problems, Seneca Creek Associates, LLC is an internationally renowned consultancy providing policy and economic analysis to the natural resources and foreign trade communities. Seneca Creek’s principal and founder, Alberto Goetzl, has extensive experience in natural resources policy, forestry, land management, and international trade, having worked in government, and with associations and companies engaged in manufacturing and global trade.
Seneca Creek provides services ranging from assessments of supply chains in preparation for obtaining sustainable certifications to shepherding policy proposals through government processes. We have a global reputation for accuracy and reliability, and our work translates into concrete, measurable results for clients. We are committed to being innovative and creative in tackling difficult problems and finding solutions for clients facing challenging policy and market circumstances.